My Favorite Podcasts
I’m always trying to further my knowledge and better myself. I enjoy reading business and self-improvement type books far more than fiction. With that said, I’m not really a big reader. When I do slow down enough to sit down with a book, I usually enter into sleep mode pretty quickly. So, I listen to a ton of podcasts. While I’m at the office or on the treadmill I’ve often got my headphones in with one of these podcasts going.
- Creating Wealth with Jason Hartman – Jason, talks about real estate investing and long term wealth building. In my opinion he has a somewhat risky high leverage approach. He provides great information, has good rules of thumb, and interviews highly successful people.
- How to Rent Vacation Properties By Owner – Christine Karpinski shares her experiences, knowledge, and tips in the vacation rental business. While vacation rentals are not my favorite investment choice, they can be a fun and profitable investment. A lot of Christine’s advice can be carried over to other areas of real estate as well.
- The Real Estate Guys Radio Show – These guys provide lots of general information about real estate investing strategies, taxes, and asset protection.
- Real Life Real Estate Investing – Vena Jones Cox offers investing and landlording tips based on her real world experience. She definitely lets the reality of the pros and cons show.
- Your First Day In Real Estate – James, a top producing real estate agent, shares stories, tips, and marketing ideas primarily for real estate agents.
- The Dave Ramsey Show – This continues to be my favorite podcast. Dave provides financial advice to callers based on biblical no debt principals. His high level of energy, integrity, tidbits of relationship advice, and occasional rant never fails to entertain me. Dave also has a tenancy to help motivate me in all aspects of my life.
- Brian Preston’s “Money Guy” – Brian and Bo are certified financial planners who provide well-rounded real life financial advice. These guys talk about everything including; Retirement planning, Estate planning, Investing, and even Black Friday deals.
- Money Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips for a Richer Life – Laura Adams provides a fairly short podcast on one specific finance related tip every week.
- Motley Fool Money – These guys talk about business, investing, and the latest on Wall Street.
- NPR: Planet Money – This podcast breaks down global economic information in terms that the average person can easily understand.
- The EntreLeadership Podcasts – This is another one of my favorites. This podcast is done by Dave Ramsey’s team, and gives advice on being an entrepreneur, running a business, and leadership. It also stays true to Dave’s Christian values and strong moral principles.
- Eventual Millionaire – Jamie Tardy interviews entrepreneur millionaires in efforts to learn what makes these people successful.
- Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman Gary, Chris, and Andrea provide some great gospel based advice on improving and growing relationships.
- 1 Year Daily Audio Bible – Brian (and occasionally Jill) Hardin break down the Bible and take you through it step by step in 365 days. After each reading Brian always provides some quick highlights in plain English.
Typing this list, made me realize, there seems to be a shortage of good personal and spiritual growth type podcasts. Trust me, I’ve looked for more, but haven’t found others entertaining enough to hold my attention. If anyone has a favorite podcast of any type, feel free to post it in the comments below. I’d love to see what others listen too.