Be The Best In Your Business
I have had quite a few people ask how we managed to begin our career as real estate agents in the worst possible market and grow to be successful in just a few short years. I tell them, it’s quite simple… We provide great service.
I’m sure there are lots of other factors too. Our backgrounds in Architectural technology, income property, and marketing definitely help. Also, the fact that the bad market weeded out a lot of unsuccessful agents helped too. Now, we’ve been able to ride the market up with the recent flurry of activity.
Customer service is really key. It never ceases to amaze me the number of people in business that just aren’t very good with service and follow thru. I’ve had many agents, project managers, lenders, and contractors fail to respond when inquiring for more information. Lots of professionals work for their own best interest rather than their clients. Some, are even rude and unprofessional to other in their business and prospective clients.
The bottom line with any business is to be the best you can possibly be and provide the best service you can possibly provide. It’s not a difficult concept, but it seems to be so rare. If you have a product or service people need, and you provide good customer service, you will be successful. Here’s what we strive to do that could potentially help your business :
- Respond to emails, voicemails, and online inquiries in a timely manner.
- Be respectful to everyone you talk to.
- Follow thru. If you tell someone you’ll do something, do it.
- Operate with honesty and integrity.
- Remember service to your colleagues in the trade is just as important as client service.
- Meet your deadlines and timeline.
- Plan ahead and don’t wait until the last minute.
- Follow the Golden Rule – “Do unto others as you would have them do to you.”
If you follow these few simple rules, you’ll undoubtedly outperform 80% of your colleagues. Like I said, it’s simple, and very much common sense. Although, common sense doesn’t seem so common these days.